Elaine Cook and Pam Ahlrichs of the Iowa Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency have seen great strides in the way the American education system has cared for students with disabilities. In this episode, learn about the history of special education and the unique challenges toward equitable opportunities for students with disabilities across the urban-rural divide.
- U.S. Department of Education IDEA website
- IDEA provisions for Public Charter Schools
- Rooted in Rights
- 1979 response to IDEA rollout
- Comparison of 504 Plan to an IEP
- A history of educating students with disabilities
- Swimming the English Channel